Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day! If your time is limited in the morning these egg ‘muffins’ are great to have on hand and take only a few minutes to heat up and enjoy.
1) Chop up your vegetables. I used the following but you can use whatever you have on hand.
– 1/2 yellow pepper
– 1/2 red pepper
– 1/2 onion
– /4 zucchini
– 2 handfuls finely chopped spinach.
2) Prepare your egg mixture:
– 8 whole eggs
– 1/2 cup egg white
– Sea salt and fresh pepper
– 3 chopped turkey bacon strips *optional
– 1-2 oz low fat mozzarella to add after baked, a pinch for each muffin (optional)
3) Use a marinade brush with a little olive oil on the lining of each muffin hole. Then place a heaping tablespoon of the mixed veg in each of the 12 cups. If you want you can add a little turkey bacon to or ham to each cup as well. Whisk and pour the egg/egg white mixture in to each cup and then use a fork to mix up the contents.
4) Bake at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes or until middle is firm, use a toothpick to check.